College of Dental Medicine-Illinois
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Illinois may elect to accept transfer students from other dental schools as long as these students remain in good academic standing and provide an acceptable reason(s) for seeking transfer. Typically, transfers are only granted to students desiring to transfer between the second and third years of the dental program.
To be considered for transfer, students must meet the College's general requirements for admission. Students must also observe the following transfer procedures:
- All inquiries for transfer to Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Illinois must be submitted to the Office of Admissions.
- Completed applications must be returned to the Office of Admissions and must include transcripts from the previous dental school, class rank (must be in top 50%), a statement of the reason for transfer, a Dean's letter verifying "Good Academic Standing," and a letter of reference from the Dean of Students.
- Completed applications are forwarded to the Dean.
- The Dean reviews applications and conducts interviews with transfer applicants.
- Applicants are notified by the Dean of final transfer admission decisions.
- Students applying for transfer must not have been previously rejected for admission to the MWU-CDMI through the standard admissions process.