Clinical Psychology Program
To be considered for admission within our competitive selection process, applicants must submit the following documented evidence:
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Completion of 18 semester hours or equivalent of prerequisite coursework in psychology with a grade of B- or better including: Introduction to General Psychology, Human Growth & Development or Personality Theory, Abnormal Psychology, Statistics or Tests and Measurements.
- Graduate Records Examination (GRE) general test scores using the Midwestern University institution code of 1769:
- Scores will be accepted from tests taken no earlier than January 1, 2008.
- For more information about the GRE, contact Educational Testing Services (ETS) at 610/290-8975 or visit www.ets.org/gre.
- Demonstration of a people or service orientation through community service or extracurricular activities.
- Motivation for and commitment to healthcare as demonstrated by previous work, volunteer work, or other life experiences.
- Oral and written communication skills necessary to interact with patients and colleagues.
- Commitment to abide by Midwestern University's Drug-Free Workplace and Substance Abuse Policy.
- Passage of the Midwestern University criminal background check.