Arizona College of Optometry
To be eligible for graduation and to receive the degree Doctor of Optometry, the student must meet the following requirements:
- Follow an approved course of study acceptable to the College's Student Promotion and Graduation Committee and leading to the completion of all academic requirements for the degree;
- Satisfactorily complete all academic requirements with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00;
- Provide proof of passing Part I and of having taken Part II of the National Boards administered by the National Board of Examiners in Optometry (NBEO). It is the responsibility of the individual student to pass national board examinations. Proof of passage of Part I of the National Board of Examiners must be submitted to the Office of the Dean by January 5th of the year of graduation in order to be eligible to walk-through and participate in the graduation ceremony with their class.
- Be recommended for conferral of the degree Doctor of Optometry by the University Faculty Senate;
- Settle all financial accounts with the University; and
- Complete all graduation clearance requirements as instructed by the Office of the Registrar.