Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine
The matriculation process begins after students receive notification of their acceptance. To complete the matriculation process, students must:
- Submit the matriculation agreement and required deposit monies by the date designated in their matriculation agreement. Deposits are applied towards first quarter's tuition.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended post-high school by the deadline of two weeks (14 days) prior to the first day of classes. Students who are accepted to MWU less than one month prior to the first day of classes will have 30 calendar days from the date of their acceptance to submit all official transcripts to the Office of Admissions. Any special circumstances or requests for exceptions to this policy must be sent to and approved by the Office of the Dean of AZCOM. Students who fail to submit all official final transcripts by the stated deadline may jeopardize their acceptance or continued enrollment in the College.
- Submit completed medical files documenting completion of a physical exam, immunizations, tuberculosis, and titer blood testing as instructed by the Office of Student Services and detailed in the Student Handbook.
- Meet the Technical Standards for AZCOM.
- Submit proof of medical and disability insurance coverage. Students may select either a plan offered by an MWU-approved carrier, or a comparable plan offered by an outside carrier of their choice, as determined by the Office of Student Services. Insurance must be maintained throughout the entire period of enrollment.
- Submit additional documents as requested by the Office of Admissions, or AZCOM.
- Students who are requesting an I-20 visa or who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents must prepay tuition and in some cases other mandatory program fees for the entire length of their program at Midwestern University. Students who are accepted for matriculation in the 2014 academic year may request a formal waiver of this policy by submitting a letter to the Director of Financial Services. The letter must include sufficient documentation that the student has deposited in U.S. Bank Account sufficient funds to cover the costs for tuition and fees that are available during the entire length of the program. All requests for waivers will be reviewed and determined by the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Midwestern University. If a request for waiver is denied, the decision will be reviewed by the President and Chief Executive Officer of Midwestern University.
- Submit a signed Credit Policy Statement.
- Authorize and pass the Midwestern University criminal background check and/or fingerprinting background check as required by AZCOM.
- Submit a signed Midwestern University Drug-Free Workplace and Substance Abuse Policy Statement.
A student who fails to satisfy these matriculation requirements or who omits or falsifies information required on official admission documents automatically forfeits his/her admission to AZCOM. An individual accepted for admission to AZCOM who does not comply with stated timelines for submission of all required materials receives no further notification from AZCOM regarding the forfeiture of his/her admission.