Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine
AZCOM may elect to accept transfer students from other U.S. osteopathic medical schools as long as these students remain in good academic standing and provide acceptable reasons for seeking their transfers. The American Osteopathic Association (AOA)/Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) standards require that the last two years of instruction must be completed within the college of osteopathic medicine granting the D.O. degree.
Students requesting transfers must meet the College's general requirements for admission and follow transfer procedures:
- All inquiries for transfer to AZCOM must be submitted to the Office of Admissions.
- The Office of Admissions will confirm the availability of rotation sites through the Office of the Dean of AZCOM.
- If the Dean designates available transfer positions, applications will be sent.
- Students must return their completed applications to the Office of Admissions and must include: transcripts from the COM, class rank (must be in top 50%), statement of reason for transfer, Dean's letter verifying "Good Academic Standing," a letter of reference from the Dean of Student Affairs, and COMLEX-USA Level 1 scores, if available.
- Completed applications are forwarded to the Dean of AZCOM.
- A group appointed by the Dean conducts interviews with applicants.
- Recommendations are forwarded to the Dean of AZCOM for final approval.
- Applicants are notified by the Dean through the Office of Admissions of the final transfer decision.