Clinical Psychology Program
To be considered for admission within the competitive selection process applicants must submit the following documented evidence:
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Completion of 18 semester hours or equivalent of prerequisite coursework in psychology with a grade of C or better, including:
- Introductory/General Psychology
- Human Growth & Development or Personality Theory
- Abnormal Psychology
- Statistics or Tests and Measurements
- Graduate Records Examination (GRE) general test scores using the Midwestern University institution code of 4160.
- Scores will be accepted from tests taken within the last 5 years.
- For more information about the GRE, contact Educational Testing Services (ETS) at 866/473-4373 (toll-free) or visit www.gre.org
- Demonstration of a people or service orientation through community service or extracurricular activities.
- Motivation for and commitment to health care as demonstrated by previous work, volunteer work, or other life experiences.
- Oral and written communication skills necessary to interact with patients and colleagues.
- Commitment to abide by Midwestern University's Drug-Free Workplace and Substance Abuse Policy.
- Passage of Midwestern University's criminal background check.