College of Veterinary Medicine
In accordance with the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges acceptance deadline policy, students who apply via the VMCAS on-line service are not required to accept or reject an offer of admission until April 15. Students may accept or reject earlier if so inclined. If a signed letter accepting admission and the required deposit are not received by April 15, the offer of admission may be withdrawn. Students who apply directly to Midwestern University after the VMCAS deadline (after the first week of October) may have acceptance deadlines that differ based on when the application was received and when interviews are scheduled.
The matriculation process begins after students receive notification of their acceptance to the CVM. To begin the matriculation process, students must:
- Submit the matriculation agreement and required deposit monies by the date designated in the matriculation agreement. Deposits are applied to the first quarter's tuition.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended post-high school.
- Submit medical records documenting completion of a physical exam, immunizations, tuberculosis and titer blood testing. Midwestern University requires that all students submit documented laboratory proof of the absence of tuberculosis (updated yearly) and proof of immunization against measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), diphtheria/tetanus, and hepatitis B prior to matriculation. In addition, the CVM requires students to have a series of rabies vaccinations or proof that a sufficient positive titer is present. Rabies vaccination may be done through Midwestern University during the first year of the curriculum.
- Meet the Technical Standards for the college.
- Submit proof of medical and disability insurance coverage. Students may select either a plan offered by a Midwestern University-approved carrier or a comparable plan offered by another carrier of their choice, as determined by the Office of Student Services. Insurance must be maintained throughout the entire period of enrollment.
- Submit a signed Credit Policy Statement.
- Authorize and pass the Midwestern University criminal background check.
- Submit a signed Midwestern University Drug-Free Workplace and Substance Abuse Policy Statement.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Provide documentation verifying that sufficient funds have been deposited in a U.S. bank, or one of six major Canadian banks, to cover all expenses while attending the college (applies only to non-U.S. citizens or temporary residents who hold student visas). Additional details and application forms are available in the Office of Student Financial Services.
Students who fail to satisfy these matriculation requirements or who omit or falsify information required on official admission documents automatically forfeit their seat in the program. Any individual accepted for admission to the CVM who does not comply with stated timelines for submission of all required materials receives no further notification from the College regarding the forfeiture of their seat.