Marc H. Scheetz, Pharm.D., MSc, BCPS-AQID
Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy
555 31st Street
Alumni Hall, 381
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Infectious Diseases Pharmacist
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
251 E. Huron St.
Feinberg Pavilion, LC 700
Chicago, IL 60611
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Marc Scheetz attained a Doctorate of Pharmacy from Butler University, earned a Masters of Science in Clinical Investigation degree at Northwestern University, and completed his pharmacy practice residency and an infectious diseases fellowship at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Dr. Scheetz is an Associate Professor at Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy where he serves as an instructor in pharmacokinetics. He currently practices clinically as an infectious diseases pharmacist at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in downtown Chicago, IL and serves as the director/site coordinator for two postdoctoral pharmacy programs in the specialty of infectious diseases pharmacotherapy.
Dr. Scheetz has authored a number of original research manuscripts and review articles in the area of anti-infective pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics and currently serves as a reviewer for several infectious diseases and pharmacy medical journals. His primary research interest is in the ecology of antimicrobial resistance as it pertains to the pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic interaction between antimicrobials, pathogens, and hosts. He is particularly interested in assessing modifiable pharmacologic variables in the treatment of infectious diseases.
Select Publications (out of 49 peer reviewed manuscripts)
- Esterly JS, Wagner J, Griffith MM, Postelnick MJ, Qi C, Scheetz MH. An Evaluation of Clinical Outcomes in Patients with Gram-negative Bloodstream Infections According to Carbapenem Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) Stratification. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012 Jul 9.
- Griffith MM, Patel JA, Sutton SH, Bolon MK, Esterly JS, Gross AE, Postelnick MJ, Zembower TR, Scheetz MH. Prospective approach to managing antimicrobial drug shortages. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2012 Jul;33(7):745-52. Epub 2012 May 18.
- Griffith MM, Gross AE, Sutton SH, Bolon MK, Esterly JS, Patel JA, Postelnick MJ, Zembower TR, Scheetz MH. The impact of anti-infective drug shortages on hospitals in the United States: trends and causes. Clin Infect Dis. 2012 Mar 1;54(5):684-91. Epub 2012 Jan 19.
- Scheetz MH, Bolon MK, Esterly JS, Reddy P, Postelnick M, Lee TA. Life-Years Gained with Meropenem over Ciprofloxacin in Penicillin-Allergic Patients with Gram-Negative Bacilli Sepsis: Results of a Probabilistic Model. Pharmacotherapy. 2011;31(5):469-79.
- Gorski E, Esterly JS, Postelnick M, Trifilio S, Fotis M, Scheetz MH. Evaluation of Hepatotoxicity with Off-Label Oral-Treatment Doses of Voriconazole for Invasive Fungal Infections. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 2011;55(1):184-9.
- Esterly JS, Richardson CL, Eltoukhy NS, Qi C, Scheetz MH. Genetic Mechanisms of Antimicrobial Resistance of Acinetobacter baumannii. Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 2011;45(2):218-28.
- Esterly JS, Griffith M, Qi C, Malczynski M, Postelnick MJ, Scheetz MH. Impact of Carbapenem Resistance and Receipt of Active Antimicrobial Therapy on Clinical Outcomes of Acinetobacter baumannii Bloodstream Infections. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 2011;55(10):4844-9.
- Steadman E, Raisch DW, Bennett CL, Esterly JS, Becker T, Postelnick M, McKoy JM, Trifilio S, Yarnold PR, Scheetz MH. Evaluation of a Potential Clinical Interaction between Ceftriaxone and Calcium. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 2010;54(4):1534-40.
- Scheetz MH, Knechtel SA, Postelnick MJ, Malczynski M, Qi C. Differences in Clinical Outcomes in Patients with Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci According to Linezolid Susceptibility. Pharmacotherapy. 2010;30(12):1221-8.
- Patel N, Scheetz MH, Drusano GL, Lodise TP. Identification of optimal renal dosage adjustments for traditional and extended-infusion piperacillin-tazobactam dosing regimens in hospitalized patients. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2010;54(1):460-5.
- Scheetz MH, Hoffman M, Bolon MK, Schulert G, Estrellado W, Baraboutis IG, Sriram P, Dinh M, Owens LK, Hauser AR. Morbidity associated with Pseudomonas aeruginosa bloodstream infections. Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease. 2009;64(3):311-9.
- Scheetz MH, Bolon MK, Postelnick M, Noskin GA, Lee TA. Cost-effectiveness analysis of an antimicrobial stewardship team on bloodstream infections: a probabilistic analysis. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. 2009;63(4):816-25.
- DeFife R, Scheetz MH, Feinglass JM, Postelnick MJ, Scarsi KK. Effect of Differences in MIC Values on Clinical Outcomes in Patients with Bloodstream Infections Caused by Gram-Negative Organisms Treated with Levofloxacin. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 2009;53(3):1074-9.
- Scheetz MH, Knechtel SA, Malczynski M, Postelnick MJ, Qi C. Increasing incidence of linezolid-intermediate or -resistant, vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium strains parallels increasing linezolid consumption. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 2008;52(6):2256-9.
- Qi C, Malczynski M, Parker M, Scheetz MH. Characterization of genetic diversity of carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii clinical strains collected from 2004 to 2007. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46(3):1106-9.
- Scheetz MH, Qi C, Warren JR, Postelnick MJ, Zembower T, Obias A, Noskin GA. In vitro activities of various antimicrobials alone and in combination with tigecycline against carbapenem-intermediate or -resistant Acinetobacter baumannii. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 2007;51(5):1621-6.
- Scheetz MH, McKoy JM, Parada JP, Djulbegovic B, Raisch DW, Yarnold PR, Zagory J, Trifilio S, Jakiche R, Palella F, Kahn A, Chandler K, Bennett CL. Systematic review of piperacillin-induced neutropenia. Drug Saf. 2007;30(4):295-306.
- Scheetz MH, Wunderink RG, Postelnick MJ. Potential impact of vancomycin pulmonary distribution on treatment outcomes in patients with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus pneumonia. Pharmacotherapy. 2006;26(4):539-50.
- Scheetz MH, Hurt KM, Noskin GA, Oliphant CM. Applying antimicrobial pharmacodynamics to resistant gram-negative pathogens. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. 2006;63(14):1346-60.
- Scarsi KK, Feinglass JM, Scheetz MH, Postelnick MJ, Bolon MK, Noskin GA. Impact of inactive empiric antimicrobial therapy on inpatient mortality and length of stay. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 2006;50(10):3355-60.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, emergency treatment or formal training. Don't use this information to diagnose or develop a treatment plan for a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified health care provider. If you're in a life-threatening or emergency medical situation, seek medical assistance immediately. Moreover, the site is not intended to be, and you understand and agree that it does not constitute, the provision or practice of medical, nursing, or professional health care advice or services in any jurisdiction.