The Midwestern University’s Response Team in collaboration with University departments and academic programs has created a series of policies and procedures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Maintaining proper social distance between people can help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), fully vaccinated people can:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart.
- Visit with unvaccinated people from one other household indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart if everyone in the other household is at low risk for severe disease.
Everyone is encouraged to:
- Avoid large events and gatherings, when possible
- Use virtual meetings or teleconferences, when possible
Before arriving to the Midwestern University Campus or Clinic locations all students and employees will be expected to conduct a self-administered daily health screening.
- To complete the Daily Health Screening, you can respond to a link that will be sent via email, each day, to your Midwestern University inbox. You can also download the Midwestern University Health Screen icon to your mobile device for easy access to the link. Completion of this screening needs to be done prior to coming to campus, or upon arrival.
- Once completed, you will receive instructions to either come to campus or contact your supervisor or Dean.
People are encouraged to wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, to help stop the spread of the virus. Hand sanitizing stations have been added to campus common areas and everyone is encouraged to make use of them before entering and exiting buildings and common areas.
The CDC recommends that people wear masks in public settings, at events and gatherings, and anywhere they will be around other people. Midwestern University is committed to providing a safe workplace by following CDC recommendations and requires the use of face masks in public areas, classrooms, clinics, and facilities at Midwestern University. If you are outside by yourself, you need not wear a mask.
Midwestern University strongly encourages all incoming and current students, faculty, and staff to become vaccinated members of our healthcare community. If you haven’t received your vaccine yet, we strongly encourage you to contact one of the Midwestern University Vaccination Centers or your local health clinic to set up an appointment.