Our priority is always the health and safety of every member of our campus community as well as the patients we serve today and in the future. Click here for more information.
The Midwestern University COVID-19 Response Team in collaboration with University departments and academic programs has created a series of policies and procedures to prevent and slow the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Maintaining proper social distance between people is one of the best tools available to minimize and slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Since people can spread the virus before they know they are sick, it is important to keep your distance from others when possible, even if you have no symptoms. All Midwestern University faculty, staff, and students are expected to follow these social distancing practices:
- Stay at least 6 feet from other people at all times
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings
- Use virtual meetings or teleconferences when possible
Before arriving to the Midwestern University Campus or Clinic locations all employees will be expected to conduct a self-administered daily health screening process. All faculty, staff and students are being asked to complete a Daily Health Screening to bring better awareness and understanding of how personal health impacts your colleagues and students on days that you are scheduled to be on campus.
- To complete the Daily Health Screening, you can respond to a link that will be sent via email, each day, to your Midwestern University inbox. You can also download the Midwestern University Health Screen icon to your mobile device for easy access to the link. Completing this screening needs to be done prior to coming to campus, or upon arrival. You only have to complete it once a day to have access to campus facilities you regularly enter for class, clinic or office. Instructions on how to download the Health Screen icon on your mobile device will be sent to your inbox within the next two days.
- There are approximately 8 questions to answer along with providing your daily temperature reading. Once completed, you will receive instructions to either come to campus or contact your supervisor.
People are encouraged to wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, to help stop the spread of the virus. Hand sanitizing stations have been added to campus common areas and everyone is encouraged to make use of them before entering and exiting buildings and common areas.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that people wear masks in public settings, at events and gatherings, and anywhere they will be around other people. Midwestern University is committed to providing a safe workplace by following CDC recommendations and requires the use of face masks in public areas, classrooms, clinics, and facilities at Midwestern University.
Employees are modifying their work schedules to allow the University to meet the needs of our students, while still maintaining appropriate social distancing requirements. The University has implemented a plan that allows on-campus staffing at 60% for most offices.