Since its founding in 1900 and Arizona in 1995, Midwestern University has continued to thrive throughout the decades, expanding to meet the ever-changing needs of society. This enviable position has allowed Midwestern University to continuous make an impact in the healthcare professions. Consider Midwestern’s far-reaching influence in recent numbers:
- More than 17,000 admissions applications are received each year to fill just 900 student seats
- Nearly 214 full-time faculty actively teach, conduct research, and mentor their future colleagues
- Over 360 full-time professional staff are employed to support the academic mission of the University
- The University’s Downers Grove Campus boasts more than 13,000 alumni who are working in leading hospitals, pharmacies, private practices, governmental agencies, academic institutions, and healthcare facilities throughout the nation
- Across both campuses, the University educates more than 6,000 students in 14 healthcare professions
- Our beautiful 105-acre campus in Downers Grove is located just 25 miles from downtown Chicago
In 2013, Midwestern University expansion included the state-of-the-art 193,000 square-foot Multispecialty Clinic in Downers Grove. The clinic includes the Dental Institute, a Family Medicine Practice, a Speech-Language Clinic, Physical Therapy Institute, Eye Institute, and other health services designed to meet the diverse healthcare needs of community members.