March 02, 2018 | Downers Grove, IL
Several area high schools participated in a special hands-on learning event at Midwestern University's Downers Grove Campus on Tuesday, February 27, 2018. More than 350 high school students interacted with Midwestern University faculty members, staff, and students to learn more about careers in healthcare as part of the annual Health Sciences Day for High Schools.
Students from 12 high schools including Downers Grove North, Downers Grove South, Naperville North, Plainfield South, Waubonsie Valley, and others participated in various learning opportunities designed to peak their interest in a career in the health sciences. The sessions focused on a diverse range of topics including:
- Exploring a Career in Pharmacy
- Taking Vital Signs
- Gross Anatomy Lab: Human Form and Structure
- Prevention: Dental Caries, Oral Cancer, and More
- Experiencing Clinical Skills and Simulation Center
- More Than Meets the Eye: Ocular Prosthetics and Contact Lenses Explained
- Career Options in Psychology
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine: Treating the Whole Patient
- Physical Therapists on the Move
- And more
The Health Sciences Career Day has been a free, annual event for the past 13 years. Midwestern University faculty members and students volunteered to help make this a successful and meaningful event for all in attendance.