Our priority is always the health and safety of every member of our campus community as well as the patients we serve today and in the future. Click here for more information.
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine - Arizona, Office of Continuing Dental Education (MWUCDM-AZ CDE) provides a range of education programs for the dental professional. When Continuing Education Credits are offered, the program is to be strictly educational and by definition, non-promotional. The following guideline contains the procedures under which MWUCDM-AZ CDE will engage in educational activities:
- Continuing education programs are educational and non-promotional.
- Continuing education programs are created and implemented independent from the promotional influences of the commercial entities.
- Generic names will be used for any discussion of a specific product, when possible, and there will be a balanced presentation of competing therapies and any limitations on the data.
- Instructors will adhere to the ADA's Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct.
- Instructors will present using Evidence Based Dentistry.
- Instructors will disclose any potential Conflicts of Interest in the start of continuing education program.
- Conflict of Interest can include stock ownership, current or past employment, paid consultant services, paid speaking engagements, membership on advisory boards or funded research activities.
- MWUCDM-AZ CDE will separate commercial entities product displays from the learning environment and disclose to all the participants any unrestricted grants or sponsorship received for the continuing education programming.
- There will be opportunity for debate in panel discussions and small group discussions within all continuing education programs.