Our priority is always the health and safety of every member of our campus community as well as the patients we serve today and in the future. Click here for more information.
Arizona College of Optometry's 2021 Pre-Optometry program (AZ-POP) is a two-day virtual program designed for undergraduate students interested in the health sciences to learn more about pursuing a career in optometry. Through interactive activities, students will gain insight into the optometric profession, including the application process, life as an optometry student, and the diverse career options that optometry has to offer.
- Interest in optometry as a possible career
- Undergraduate college student or recent college graduate (minimum age of 18 years)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Candidates must submit a completed application form. Electronic submission is preferred; applications sent by mail must have a postmark date of May 1, 2021. Please contact us by phone or email to ensure receipt of the application. In addition to the application, please include the following required materials:
- A full set of college transcripts
- A 3-5 sentence statement that introduces yourself and answers the following question. "Why would you like to attend AZ-POP?"
- A resume or CV with a list of extracurricular activities and honors, including community service, leadership responsibilities, healthcare volunteer hours, and work experience.
Click here to access the application.
Nicole Putnam, PhD, email@example.com
Mail to :
Arizona College of Optometry
Attn: Dr. Nicole Putnam
19555 N. 59th Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85308
Applicants will be notified via e-mail of their acceptance no later than May 29, 2021.
- Virtual tours of the classrooms, laboratories, and clinic
- Exposure to state of the art technology including virtual reality eye exam simulators
- Panel discussions with current students and faculty
- Tips and strategies for enhancing your application to optometry school
- Insights on clinical activities at the Eye Institute
- Simulated experiences in optometric labs
For questions regarding the AZCOPT Pre-Optometry Program, please contact Dr. Nicole Putnam, firstname.lastname@example.org .