I-20 Documentation & Deadlines

Home / Admissions / International Students / I-20 Documentation & Deadlines

How to Obtain an I-20 form

All non-U.S. citizens or non-U.S. permanent residents applying for admission in education within the United States must hold valid passports and entry visas. A student must have a valid student visa to study in the United States. Majority of the international students hold an F-1 visa type that is generally issued to students who are coming to the United States to study on an academic program.  Upon successful acceptance to Midwestern University, we will issue the form I-20, which is required before you can apply for a student visa. The form I-20 is a certificate of eligibility issued by the school and used by the students to apply for an F-1 visa to enter to the United States. Please note that it is the student's responsibility to maintain a legal status in the United States. 

International Student Deadlines

Due to varying visa processing times, we STRONGLY recommend that you start the application process 60-90 days in advance to the start of the program. Also, all international students are required to prepay tuition 45 days prior to matriculation date.


Apply Now

Visit our

Take Tour

Support the

Donate to our future