College of Dental Medicine-Illinois
The College of Dental Medicine-Illinois will achieve its mission and vision through emphasis on the following Goals;
- Develop innovative educational programs that prepare students for ethical clinical practice of the highest quality.
- Create a humanistic learning environment based upon collegiality and professionalism, modeled by faculty in an atmosphere of cooperation, teamwork, shared knowledge, and mutual respect.
- Provide a patient-centered, comprehensive care program that considers the overall well-being of the patient.
- In cooperation with the Midwestern University colleges and programs, develop an interprofessional model of learning and practice that will prepare practitioners for the healthcare team of the future.
- Create an environment of diversity that is valued and visible among the students, staff, faculty, and patients.
- Encourage lifelong learning based on science, evidence, and critical thinking that emphasizes continuous professional development and change.
- Promote scholarly achievement and research that emphasizes the development of new knowledge in education, learning, and healthcare delivery.
- Demonstrate leadership in oral health care among students, staff, and faculty through integrity, innovation, responsibility, and service to the community.