Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine
AZCOM may elect to accept transfer students from other U.S. osteopathic medical schools as long as these students remain in good academic standing and provide acceptable reasons for seeking their transfers. The American Osteopathic Association (AOA)/Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) standards require that the last two years of instruction must be completed within the college of osteopathic medicine granting the D.O. degree.
Currently enrolled students are not granted advanced standing for individual courses completed at another institution. Full credit is granted for course work completed by students transferring from another institution for the purpose of completing their course of study at AZCOM.
Students requesting transfers must meet AZCOM's general requirements for admission and follow transfer procedures:
- All inquiries for transfer to AZCOM must be submitted to the Office of Admissions.
- The Office of Admissions will confirm the availability of rotation sites through the Office of the Dean of AZCOM.
- If the Dean of AZCOM designates available transfer positions, applications will be sent.
- Students must return their completed applications to the Office of Admissions and must include a statement of reason of transfer as well as the following from the COM:
- Transcripts (must have no "F's" or repeated courses)
- Class rank (must be in top 50%)
- Dean's letter verifying "Good Academic Standing" and specifying that the student is eligible for readmission
- Letter of reference from the Dean of Students
- The Dean of AZCOM may require passage of COMLEX-USA Level 1 prior to transfer.
- Completed applications are forwarded to the Dean of AZCOM.
- A group appointed by the Dean of AZCOM conducts interviews with applicants.
- Recommendations are forwarded to the Dean of AZCOM for final approval.
- Applicants are notified by the Dean of AZCOM through the Office of Admissions of the final transfer decision.