Transfer of Credit
Clinical Psychology Program
To receive credit for coursework completed at other institutions prior to matriculation at Midwestern University, students must submit a Petition for Advanced Standing/Transfer of Credit Form and a course syllabus prior to registration for the first quarter of the program. The transfer of credit has the following conditions:
- A maximum of 40 quarter hours, 32 trimester hours, or 27 semester hours, of credit for coursework completed prior to matriculation may be considered;
- Transferred course credit is limited to graduate level courses in psychology or mental health from recognized, regionally accredited degree granting institutions;
- Credit may be awarded for required courses completed from other doctoral programs;
- Credit may only be awarded for courses in which a grade of B- or higher was attained;
- Credit is not transferable for clerkship, practica or internship; or courses that include a competency gateway; (for more information refer to the current Clinical Training Manual)
- The program may require a competency examination to determine satisfactory performance before awarding credit for a course;
- Credit can only be awarded for courses completed within a seven-year period before matriculation.
If a course is accepted for credit, the equivalent Midwestern University course and Advanced Placement (AP) notation will be recorded on the transcript along with the name of the institution at which the credit was earned. Any earned letter grade will not be included on the transcript or used in the GPA calculation.