Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine
Midwestern University Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine educates students to exhibit professionalism, provide patient care, and serve their communities in order to become qualified osteopathic physicians.
The mission will be achieved by meeting the following objectives:
- Incorporate clinical teaching into the curriculum throughout the four-year program.
- Incorporate osteopathic principles and practice into both preclinical and clinical training years.
- Incorporate basic scientific principles into the learning and medical curriculum.
- Provide opportunities for research and scholarly activity for students, graduates, and faculty.
- Prepare students for COMLEX-USA Level 1, Level 2 CE, and Level 2 PE to support completion of the program and graduation.
- Demonstrate continuing progress in acquiring the core competencies during student clinical clerkship training.
- Assess the performance of AZCOM graduates.
- Encourage community service by students, graduates, and faculty.
- Support the Midwestern University Osteopathic Postgraduate Training Institute (MWU/OPTI) to mutually enhance the training of our students, residents, and faculty.
- Equip students to be successful in residency placement.
- Provide faculty development opportunities to promote AZCOM objectives.
- Provide financial literacy programs and events.