Master of Biomedical Sciences Degree Program
The matriculation process begins after students receive notification of their acceptance. To complete the matriculation process, students must:
- Submit the matriculation agreement and required deposit monies by the date designated in the matriculation agreement. Deposits are applied towards the first quarter's tuition.
- Submit official final transcripts from all colleges attended post-high school by the deadline of two weeks (14 days) prior to the first day of classes. Students who are accepted to MWU less than one month prior to the first day of classes will have 30 calendar days from the date of their acceptance to submit all official transcripts to the Office of Admissions. Any special circumstances or requests for exceptions to this policy must be sent to and approved by the Office of the Dean of the college. Students who fail to submit all official final transcripts by the stated deadline may jeopardize their acceptance or continued enrollment in the College.
- Submit completed medical files documenting completion of a physical exam, immunizations and tuberculosis testing as instructed by the Office of Student Services and detailed in the Student Handbook.
- Meet the Technical Standards for the college.
- Submit proof of medical and disability insurance coverage. Students may select either a plan offered by an MWU-approved carrier or a comparable plan offered by an outside carrier of their choice, as determined by the Office of Student Services. Insurance must be maintained throughout the entire period of enrollment.
- Submit additional documents as requested by the Office of Admissions or college.
- Students who are requesting an I-20 visa or who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents must prepay tuition and in some cases other mandatory program fees for the first year of their educational program 6 weeks before the first day of the first quarter of each academic year. Furthermore, the student must prepay tuition and in some cases other mandatory program fees for each successive year at the start of each academic year on the University’s stated due date.
- Submit a signed Credit Policy Statement.
- Authorize and pass the MWU criminal background check and/or fingerprinting background check as required by the specific college/school/program.
- Submit a signed MWU Drug-Free Workplace and Substance Abuse Policy Statement.
Students who fail to satisfy these matriculation requirements or who omit or falsify information required on official admission documents automatically forfeit their seat in the program. Any individual accepted for admission to the college/program who does not comply with stated timelines for submission of all required materials receives no further notification from the college regarding the forfeiture of their seat.