Whether you're looking to reconnect and network with former CCOM classmates or earn 21 AOA Category 1-A CME credits, Midwestern University is offering a special opportunity to do both.
Thursday - Saturday
October 8 - 10, 2015
555 31st Street
Downers Grove, IL 60532
Friday - Saturday Sessions:
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Oak Brook
1909 Spring Road
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Online hotel reservations
Hotel reservations by phone: 1.866.812.3959
Request group rate for Midwestern University
Overview and Educational ObjectivesTop
Family Practice, Internal Medicine, and Hospitalist physicians and P.A.'s seeking Category 1-A and/or Category 1 CME credit.
Specific to One Health
Human medicine, veterinary medicine, zoonoses, infectious diseases, public health, wildlife, immunology, virology, bacteriology, toxicology, and environmental health seeking Category 1-A and/or Category 1 CME credit.
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize the link between human and animal health and the environment by exploring the commonalities in obesity, osteochondritis, dissecans, epilepsy and pneumonia through human and veterinary medicine.
- Discuss approaches to antiarrhythmic drugs for acute interventions.
- Understand approaches to common current infectious disease states.
- Learn to manage the most common conditions causing cough in the outpatient setting.
- Assess patient with fever to recognize most common causes, monitor and initiate therapy.
- Understand the role of clinical decision rules in acute pulmonary embolism evaluation.
- Summarize seizure and practice parameter guidelines for monitoring and dosing.
- Differentiate and diagnose the characteristics of depressive disorders.
- Identify biases that can lead to diagnostic errors.
- Evaluate and manage patient with a dermatologic condition.
- Discuss ways to prevent dialysis for chronic renal failure.
- Describe screening, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
- Understand causality, spectrum of symptoms and approach to treatment of traumatic brain injury.
Fees and Registration
CCOM Alumni Reunion
Details & Hotel Accommodations