Our priority is always the health and safety of every member of our campus community as well as the patients we serve today and in the future. Click here for more information.
Marine Pharmacology for the Interested Public
- Willis, Randall C. Nature's Pharma Sea. Modern Drug Discovery, January 2002:32-38.
- Mayer, A.M.S. Current marine pharmacology contributions to new drug development in the biopharmaceutical industry. Pharmaceutical News 9:479-482, 2002.
- Sennett, S.H., McCarthy, P.J., Wright, A.E. and Pomponi, S.A. Natural products from marine invertebrates: the Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution Experience. Pharmaceutical News 9: 483-488, 2002.
- Fenical, W., Sethna, K.M. and Lloyd, K.G. Marine microorganisms as a developing resource for drug discovery. Pharmaceutical News 9:489-494, 2002.
- Garcia-Fernandez, L.F., Reyes, F. and Sanchez-Puelles, J.M. The marine pharmacy: new antitumoral compounds from the sea. Pharmaceutical News 9:495-501, 2002.
- Burkhard, Haefner. Drugs from the deep: marine natural products as drug candidates. Drug Discovery Today 8:536-544, 2003.
- Krajick, Kevin. Medicine from the Sea. Smithsonian 35: 50-59, 2004.
- Can a humble sponge cure cancer? DISCOVER 26(10): 60, 2005.
- Scraping Bottom. Drug Discovery News, August 2006.
- Drugs from the Deep. Nature, 443:904-5, 2006.
- Marine Bioprospecting for Novel Drugs. Genetic Engineering News, 26 (21):1, 47-49, 2006.
- Scientists Are Searching the Seas for Cancer Drugs. Journal of the National Cancer Institute, 98(10): 662-3, 2006.
- Liquid Gold Mine. Chemical and Engineering News. 85(41): 22-28, 2007. http://pubs.acs.org/cen/business/85/8541bus1.html
- Hopwood, D. Therapeutic treasures from the Deep. Nature Chemical Biology 3(8): 457-8, 2007.
- "Investigating Nature's Mysteries for Drug Development". National Cancer Institute-Frederick's Natural Products Branch, video 5-11-2011
- Testing the WATERS by Timothy Gower. PROTO, Dispatches from the Frontiers of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, SPRING 2015, available at http://protomag.com/articles/marine-pharmacology-testing-the-waters