Marine Pharmacology for the Interested Public
- Willis, Randall C. Nature's Pharma Sea. Modern Drug Discovery, January 2002:32-38.
- Mayer, A.M.S. Current marine pharmacology contributions to new drug development in the biopharmaceutical industry. Pharmaceutical News 9:479-482, 2002.
- Sennett, S.H., McCarthy, P.J., Wright, A.E. and Pomponi, S.A. Natural products from marine invertebrates: the Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution Experience. Pharmaceutical News 9: 483-488, 2002.
- Fenical, W., Sethna, K.M. and Lloyd, K.G. Marine microorganisms as a developing resource for drug discovery. Pharmaceutical News 9:489-494, 2002.
- Garcia-Fernandez, L.F., Reyes, F. and Sanchez-Puelles, J.M. The marine pharmacy: new antitumoral compounds from the sea. Pharmaceutical News 9:495-501, 2002.
- Burkhard, Haefner. Drugs from the deep: marine natural products as drug candidates. Drug Discovery Today 8:536-544, 2003.
- Krajick, Kevin. Medicine from the Sea. Smithsonian 35: 50-59, 2004.
- Can a humble sponge cure cancer? DISCOVER 26(10): 60, 2005.
- Scraping Bottom. Drug Discovery News, August 2006.
- Drugs from the Deep. Nature, 443:904-5, 2006.
- Marine Bioprospecting for Novel Drugs. Genetic Engineering News, 26 (21):1, 47-49, 2006.
- Scientists Are Searching the Seas for Cancer Drugs. Journal of the National Cancer Institute, 98(10): 662-3, 2006.
- Liquid Gold Mine. Chemical and Engineering News. 85(41): 22-28, 2007. http://pubs.acs.org/cen/business/85/8541bus1.html
- Hopwood, D. Therapeutic treasures from the Deep. Nature Chemical Biology 3(8): 457-8, 2007.
- "Investigating Nature's Mysteries for Drug Development". National Cancer Institute-Frederick's Natural Products Branch, video 5-11-2011
- Testing the WATERS by Timothy Gower. PROTO, Dispatches from the Frontiers of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, SPRING 2015, available at http://protomag.com/articles/marine-pharmacology-testing-the-waters