Our priority is always the health and safety of every member of our campus community as well as the patients we serve today and in the future. Click here for more information.
The Midwestern University Chicago College of Optometry has the vision to:
- Deliver an exceptional optometric educational experience utilizing our unique multi-health professional setting and cutting edge technology.
- Provide our students with the knowledge and skills to deliver the highest level of professional, ethical and compassionate eye and vision care.
- Recruit qualified students; promote lifelong learning, community outreach, and innovative research; and develop leaders in the profession and communities.
The Midwestern University Chicago College of Optometry will pursue the following goals:
Deliver a comprehensive Doctor of Optometry degree program that prepares graduates for contemporary practice and encourages and fosters advanced training, in order to serve the interests and needs of the broader community.
Present an innovative optometry program with faculty committed to learning and teaching the current research and evidence based medicine applications using technologies to provide an exceptional educational experience for students.
- Develop and support the faculty and students in their commitment to research and scholarly activities and excellence in patient care.
- Graduate students who have achieved the learning outcomes as defined by the Faculty.
- Improve patient care through promotion of interprofessional educational programming and the Midwestern University One Health Quality Initiative.
- Foster a commitment to professional, collegial, and ethical practices in patient care while promoting public service to diverse communities.
- Develop a high quality program appropriate for optometry residents at an affiliated or Midwestern University sponsored accredited optometry residency site.
- Serve the eye and vision healthcare needs of Downers Grove and neighboring communities through the Midwestern University Eye Institute.
- Provide and encourage lifelong learning and support services to the optometric profession.
- Develop leaders in the optometric profession and the healthcare community.