The CGS Program assigns a faculty advisor to students in each entering cohort. The responsibilities of the faculty advisor are as described below. In addition to these faculty advisors, the Program Director, the CGS Dean's Office and the Dean of Students are also available to assist students. It is the student’s responsibility to initiate contact with the faculty advisor for assistance.
The responsibilities of CGS faculty advisors include:
- Serving as the student’s advisor and academic/professional counselor;
- Overseeing and monitoring the academic progress and professional growth of the student;
- Assisting the student in seeking academic and personal counseling services provided by the institution;
- Serving as an advocate for the student;
- Providing career counseling to the student.