Downers Grove, IL Campus Catalog
College of Health Sciences
- Student Academic Policies
- Physician Assistant Program
- Physical Therapy Program
- Occupational Therapy Program
- Clinical Psychology Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- College of Health Sciences
The Program's overall goal is to educate and train students in the practitioner-scholar training model for the practice of clinical psychology. In service of this goal the Program has four broad educational aims:
- Students acquire theoretical and scientific knowledge in the entry-level practice of clinical psychology working with diverse individuals and groups.
- Students develop and utilize a strong set of clinical skills, behaviors, and attitudes that reflect the highest ethical and professional standards in the entry-level practice of clinical psychology working with diverse individuals and groups.
- Students engage in research and evaluation, contribute to the body of knowledge, and evaluate clinical outcomes using empirically based information and methods.
- Students develop an appreciation for the value of interdisciplinary collaboration and practice and are able to work effectively with professionals from other healthcare disciplines.