Some programs in CHS may allow for the transfer of credits from graduate-level coursework completed at other institutions prior to matriculation at Midwestern University. All requests for advanced placement by newly admitted or transfer students are processed on a course-by-course basis by the program's Admissions or Education Committee. To request such consideration, a student must submit a letter of request to the Program Director in which the student lists a course(s) previously taken which might be similar in content to a professional course(s) that the student is scheduled to take. The student must also provide an official course description(s) and a syllabus (syllabi) of the course(s) previously taken. The program's Committee will share the submitted course materials with the appropriate course director to determine if the course(s) is an appropriate substitute. All requests must be submitted prior to matriculation. Each program determines the minimum letter grade of coursework for advanced placement. Typically, advanced placement will only be considered for coursework in which a minimum letter grade of "B-" or  "C"  has been earned. A "C-" letter grade is not acceptable for advanced placement consideration. Some programs may have additional requirements. If the Admissions or Education Committee denies the request for advanced placement, the student may appeal this decision to the CHS Dean.

If a course is accepted for credit, the equivalent Midwestern University course and the Advanced Placement (AP) notation will be recorded on the transcript along with the name of the institution at which the credit was earned.  Any earned letter grade will not be included on the transcript or used in the GPA calculation.