The Midwestern University College of Pharmacy assigns a faculty mentor to students in each entering class whose role is to assist with academic and nonacademic advising, counseling, and enrichment. In addition to these faculty mentors, the CPDG Dean, Associate Deans, and the Dean of Students, as well as other faculty members and professional staff, are also available to assist students.
During orientation, mentors meet their new students who will mentor them throughout the program. Faculty mentors act as liaisons between the faculty and students. Their responsibilities include:
- Serving as the student's mentor and academic/professional counselor;
- Monitoring the academic progress and professional growth of the student;
- Assisting the student in seeking academic and personal counseling services provided by the institution;
- Serving as an advocate for the student;
- Counseling the student during their selection of a career within the pharmacy profession;
- Providing feedback on select assignments in certain courses or co-curricular experiences.