The Arizona College of Optometry's vision is to:
- Deliver the premier optometric educational experience utilizing our unique multi-health professional setting and cutting edge technology.
- Provide our students with the knowledge and skills to deliver the highest level of professional, ethical and compassionate eye and vision care.
- Promote lifelong learning, community outreach and innovative research.
The 9 goals of the Arizona College of Optometry (AZCOPT) are listed below:
- Ensure that students have a strong foundation in basic visual and clinical sciences by providing broad and innovative educational opportunities
- Plan and develop a diversity of clinical experiences to enable students to enter the practice of optometry
- Support and nurture an environment of intellectual inquiry and research activity by students, residents and faculty
- Promote interprofessional educational programming to develop students' appreciation of other health care professions
- Promote student involvement in community service
- Maintain and advance high quality residency programs
- Perpetuate an Eye Institute that serves the eye/vision care needs of the community
- Provide lifelong learning activities and support services to the optometric profession and the public
- Maintain the financial viability of the College