Our priority is always the health and safety of every member of our campus community as well as the patients we serve today and in the future. Click here for more information.
The Arizona College of Optometry's vision is to:
- Deliver the premier optometric educational experience utilizing our unique multi-health professional setting and cutting edge technology.
- Provide our students with the knowledge and skills to deliver the highest level of professional, ethical and compassionate eye and vision care.
- Promote lifelong learning, community outreach and innovative research.
The 9 goals of the Arizona College of Optometry (AZCOPT) are listed below:
- Ensure that students have a strong foundation in basic visual and clinical sciences by providing broad and innovative educational opportunities
- Plan and develop a diversity of clinical experiences to enable students to enter the practice of optometry
- Support and nurture an environment of intellectual inquiry and research activity by students, residents and faculty
- Promote interprofessional educational programming to develop students' appreciation of other health care professions
- Promote student involvement in community service
- Maintain and advance high quality residency programs
- Perpetuate an Eye Institute that serves the eye/vision care needs of the community
- Provide lifelong learning activities and support services to the optometric profession and the public
- Maintain the financial viability of the College