The Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine considers for admission those students who possess the academic, professional, and personal qualities necessary to become exemplary osteopathic physicians. To select these students, the College uses a rolling admissions process within a competitive admissions framework.
Students seeking admission to AZCOM must submit the following documented evidence:
- Completion of the admission course requirements.
- Grades of C or better (grades of C- are not acceptable)
- To be competitive, students should have minimum cumulative GPAs and science GPAs over 3.00 on a 4.00 scale
- To receive a supplemental application, students must have minimum science and cumulative GPAs of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale
- Completion of a bachelor's degree at a regionally accredited college or university prior to matriculation.
- Competitive scores on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT).
- Only MCAT exam scores earned from tests taken no more than three years prior to the matriculation date of the planned enrollment year are acceptable.
- Register for MCAT exam through Association of American Medical Colleges website at https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/taking-mcat-exam/
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
- One letter from either a pre-medical advisory committee or science professor who has taught the applicant.
- Second letter from either a D.O. or a M.D. Letters from osteopathic physicians are strongly recommended. Letters written by family members are not acceptable.
Students seeking admission to AZCOM must:
- Demonstrate understanding of and interest in osteopathic medicine.
- Demonstrate service orientation through community service or extracurricular activities.
- Demonstrate motivation for and commitment to health care as demonstrated by previous work, volunteer work, or other life experiences.
- Demonstrate verbal, nonverbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with patients and colleagues.
- Pass the Midwestern University criminal background check and fingerprint clearance.
- Commit to abide by Midwestern University Drug-Free Workplace and Substance Abuse Policy.
- Meet the Technical Standards for the College.