AZCPM may elect to accept transfer students from other U.S. podiatric medical schools as long as these students are in good academic standing and have an acceptable reason(s) for seeking transfer. Typically, transfers are only granted to students desiring to transfer into the third or fourth year; however, transfers to the second year may be granted. To be considered for transfer, the student must meet the College's general requirements for admission. Accepted students must sign a matriculation agreement and indicate that they meet the technical standards. The student must also submit:
- A letter to the Director of Admissions indicating the reason for requesting to transfer and explaining any difficulties encountered at the previous institution(s).
- The AZCPM Transfer Application (available through the Office of Admissions).
- Official MCAT score report.
- Official transcripts from all schools attended, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional.
- A letter from the dean of the college in which the student is enrolled that describes the current academic status and terms of withdrawal or dismissal of the prospective transfer student.
- Additional documents or letters of recommendation as determined to be necessary by the Director of Admissions.
Following receipt of these materials, the Admissions Committee determines whether the student merits an on-campus interview. Students who receive interview invitations will meet with an interview team. The interview team offers recommendations to the College Dean, who approves both the admissions status and class standing of transfer students.
Transfer applications must be received at least three months prior to the desired matriculation date. This allows time for processing of applications, interviews, and student relocations prior to the start of the next academic term.
Students with prior medical training, such as international podiatric, allopathic or osteopathic medicine, may apply for advanced standing, in which portions of prior course work will be reviewed for acceptability by relevant course director of AZCPM courses. Transfer students desiring a course waiver must submit the related course syllabus and a decision will be made by the course director prior to matriculation.