Glendale, AZ Campus Catalog
College of Health Sciences
- Student Academic Policies
- Physician Assistant Program
- Occupational Therapy Program
- Cardiovascular Science Program
- Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice Program
- Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice - Entry into Practice
- Nurse Anesthesia Program
- Clinical Psychology Program
- Physical Therapy Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.)/Nurse Leadership in Global Health Program
- Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.)/Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) Program
- College of Health Sciences
Licensure is not required in all states, including Arizona. In those states requiring licensure, a perfusionist must be a certified clinical perfusionist. Certification is achieved by passing the certifying examination administered by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP).
Midwestern University’s Cardiovascular Science program meets the educational requirements to become certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) to practice as a certified clinical perfusionist (CCP) in the following states and territories: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, U.S. Virgin Islands, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Each student should check the additional licensure and/or certification requirements for the state, district or territory in which they intend to pursue employment.
For further information regarding the ABCP certifying examination, contact:
The American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion
2903 Arlington Loop
Hattiesburg, MS 39401