Glendale, AZ Campus Catalog
College of Health Sciences
- Student Academic Policies
- Physician Assistant Program
- Occupational Therapy Program
- Cardiovascular Science Program
- Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice Program
- Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice - Entry into Practice
- Nurse Anesthesia Program
- Clinical Psychology Program
- Physical Therapy Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.)/Nurse Leadership in Global Health Program
- Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.)/Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) Program
- College of Health Sciences
Students must have a current unrestricted Arizona registered nursing license or a current unrestricted license from one of the states in the nursing compact at the time the student enters the program. Students from a non-compact state will have to obtain licensure in Arizona. During the didactic year, students will apply for and secure licenses for all states required for rotations including non-compact states. Additional state nursing licensing costs are the responsibility of the student. ACLS and PALS certification are required and are the responsibility of the student.
Midwestern University’s Nurse Anesthesia program meets the educational requirements to become certified to practice as a certified registered nurse anesthetist in the following states and US territories: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, U.S. Virgin Islands, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Each student should check the additional requirements to obtain certification in the state, district or territory in which the student intends to pursue employment.