The Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) program may elect to accept transfer students. Transfer students must apply to the program and, if qualified, must participate in an admission interview. The Admissions Committee must approve all transfer students and will determine the number of graduate transfer credits granted (not to exceed 12 credits).
Transfer students are not accepted during the residency phase of the program.
In order to receive credit for previous coursework completed at other institutions, students must submit a Transfer of Credit Request Application to be evaluated by the Admissions Committee by no later than August 1st. The transfer of credit has the following conditions:
- Transferred course credit is limited to graduate level courses from recognized, regionally accredited degree granting institutions.
- Credit is not transferred for a clinical practicum or an internship.
- Credit may only be awarded for courses in which grades of B- or better were attained.
- Credit can only be awarded for courses completed within the seven-year period prior to matriculation.
- Transfer of Credit Request Applications must be submitted by August 1st (prior to matriculation into the program).
- Please contact the program for a list of eligible courses for transfer.