Most CHS academic programs assign a faculty mentor to students in each entering class. The faculty mentor assists with academic concerns. In addition to these faculty mentors, students may seek assistance from the CHS Office of the Dean and the Office of Student Services. The student determines the amount of interaction with the faculty mentor. It is the student's responsibility to initiate contact with the faculty mentor for assistance.
CHS faculty mentors act as liaisons between the faculty and students. Their responsibilities include:
- Serving as the student's advisor and academic/professional counselor;
- Overseeing and monitoring the academic progress and professional growth of the student;
- Assisting the student in seeking academic and personal counseling services provided by the institution;
- Serving as an advocate for the student;
- Counseling the student during their selection of a career within the profession.