Midwestern University is approved by the Arizona State Approving Agency to certify enrollment for veteran education benefits for eligible programs. Students who receive education benefits for veterans are required to provide official military transcripts to the Office of the Registrar when requesting certification for those benefits. Midwestern University reviews all prior education and training for VA benefit recipients. Midwestern University does not participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679(e) Midwestern University adopts the following additional provisions for a student who is entitled to educational assistance under chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, or chapter 33, Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. If such payments or disbursements under Chapter 31 or 33 are delayed, Midwestern University will not:
- Impose any penalty or late fee;
- Deny the student access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or
- Require the student secure alternative or additional funding up to the amounts covered by Chapter 31 or 33.
To qualify for this provision, students may be required to submit to the Office of the Registrar no later than the first day of class:
- A Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for entitlement to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33;
- A “Statement of Benefits” obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) website – eBenefits, or a VAF 28-1905 form for chapter 31 authorization purposes;
- A written request to use such entitlement;
- Provide additional information necessary to properly certify the enrollment for benefits.
For more information go to the Office of the Registrar at https://www.midwestern.edu/admissions/military-and-veteran-students.xml
Students may also contact the Office of the Registrar by email at email@example.com.
Office of the Registrar
Suite 400, Barrel III
19555 N. 59th Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85308