Veterans' Educational Benefits

Most university programs at Midwestern University are approved for VA benefits with the exception of some of our newer programs. For assistance on how to apply for VA educational benefits, please contact the Registrar's office at your campus.

NOTE: Because Midwestern University is a private educational institution, students attending the university are not eligible to receive the Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG).  Midwestern University also does not participate in the Tuition Assistance program (TA).

All programs at Midwestern University (MWU) have been approved to receive VA benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans' Affairs. MWU will certify VA benefits for students under the following benefit chapters:

Service members may also find that they can transfer benefit entitlements to spouses or dependent children.

Students must receive approval of benefit eligibility status through the VA at After receipt of the Eligibility Certificate from the VA, students should contact the Registrar's office for further instructions regarding required paperwork and time frame for processing enrollment certification.

Education benefits vary for the different branches of service. If you're considering the military, our office can get you in touch with your local military recruiter so you can obtain detailed information on requirements, obligations, and benefits before making a decision. Make sure you attend our "Armed Forces Day" events where military recruiters from all of the branches listed below come over to our respective campuses for the entire afternoon to talk to our students and answer all of your questions.

Get more information at the military websites:

Contact Us

Downers Grove Registrar
Glendale Registrar