Build a Successful Career
The College of Health Sciences is pleased to offer a Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.)/Nurse Leadership in Global Health Program. This graduate nursing program educates baccalaureate-prepared registered nurses to become executive nurse leaders in direct and indirect roles within complex, interprofessional healthcare systems.
Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.)/ Nurse Leadership in Global Health Program
Tuition scholarships are available for nurses employed by our clinical preceptor hospitals/health systems.
Midwestern University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413.
*Midwestern University is actively pursuing specialty nursing accreditation.
To be considered for admission to the MSN/Nurse Leadership in Global Health program, applicants must submit the following documented evidence:
- Current and unencumbered licensure to practice as a registered nurse in at least one legal jurisdiction in the United States and its territories.
- Documentation of current clinical, educational, or administrative practice related to nursing that can serve to facilitate successful completion of the MSN/Nurse Leadership in Global Health degree program.
- Certification by applicants that there are no pending or reasonably anticipated investigations of their registered nursing licensure or advanced practice certification (if applicable).
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience.
- Oral and written communication skills necessary to interact with faculty, patients, and colleagues.
- Successful completion of the program application on the Midwestern University website.
- Successful completion of a Midwestern University Criminal Background Check.
- Commitment to abide by the Midwestern University Drug-Free Workplace and Substance Abuse Policy.
- Successful completion of an interview with program faculty (scheduled during the final application review).
- Successful completion of all physical examination and inoculation requirements prior to matriculation.
- Certification of Basic Life Support (BLS) and AED Training for Healthcare Providers prior to matriculation.
*According to the 2019 American Organization for Nursing Leadership™ Executive Summary applicable to 72% of Nurse Managers
*According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)