Mission and Vision
The Clinical Skills and Simulation Center (CSC) assists University colleges and programs in identifying opportunities for improvement, innovation, implementation, and integration of patient simulation technology into existing healthcare curricula. And to provide premier services to the University in the area of healthcare simulation education.
- Offer students the opportunity to apply knowledge acquired in a didactic setting to realistic learning environments.
- Enable students to develop skills in history-taking, physical exam and patient education as well as communication through practical experience.
- Emphasize the importance of establishing a caring, trusting, sensitive manner necessary for a positive patient-provider relationship.
- Challenge students in critical/high stress environments.
- Encourage and train students to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- Provide outstanding customer service to the faculty, staff, and students of Midwestern University.
- Develop a research program in the area of healthcare simulation.
Hours of Operation
The Clinical Skills and Simulation Center (CSC) is located in Cardinal Hall (4th Floor). The CSC is open Monday thru Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. It is closed Saturday and Sunday and during all University holidays.
The CSC staff are available Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 4:30 pm at:
Center staff will respond to your inquiry within 2 business days.
All rooms in the CSC are locked outside of regular hours of operation. Use of the facilities and equipment outside of regular business hours should be pre-scheduled at least 6 weeks in advance to ensure availability and appropriate staffing.
The Downers Grove CSC is available for use by all Midwestern University students, faculty, and affiliated healthcare professionals when used as part of an approved CSC event or activity. The additional use of any outside equipment must be cleared by center staff.
- 4 hospital-based and/or critical care environments
- Labor and Delivery Room
- 3 CAE Metimen
- 2 CAE Lucina Maternal Fetal Simulators
- 1 CAE PediaSIM (Child)
- 1 CAE BabySIM (Infant)
- Viewing Room for Instructor event control and monitoring
- 2 Operating Rooms
- Scrub Room for washing technique instruction
- CAE EndoVR - Endoscopic Surgery Trainer
- CAE LapVR - Laparoscopic Surgery Trainer
- Configurable room for group instruction
- Blood Pressure Kits
Classroom and Control Rooms
- 11-seat Viewing/Control Room for event monitoring
- 7-seat Driving Station Room for simulation control and monitoring
- 2 10-seat Debriefing Rooms
- 4 40-seat Classrooms