Clinical Skills & Simulation Center - Glendale
At the Midwestern University Clinical Skills and Simulation Center, learners have a safe environment in which to learn and practice their skills.
Mission and Vision
The Clinical Skills and Simulation Center (CSC) assists University colleges and programs in identifying opportunities for improvement, innovation, implementation, and integration of patient simulation technology into existing healthcare curricula. And to provide premier services to the University in the area of healthcare simulation education.
- Offer students the opportunity to apply knowledge acquired in a didactic setting to realistic learning environments.
- Enable students to develop skills in history-taking, physical exam and patient education as well as communication through practical experience.
- Emphasize the importance of establishing a caring, trusting, sensitive manner necessary for a positive patient-provider relationship.
- Challenge students in critical/high stress environments.
- Encourage and train students to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- Provide outstanding customer service to the faculty, staff, and students of Midwestern University.
- Develop a research program in the area of healthcare simulation.
Hours of Operation
The Clinical Skills and Simulation Center (CSC) is located in Mesquite Hall. The CSC is open Monday thru Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm; and closed Saturday through Sunday and during all University holidays.
The CSC staff are available Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 5:00 pm at:
Center staff will respond to your inquiry within 2 business days.
All rooms in the CSC are locked outside of regular hours of operation. Use of the facilities and equipment outside of regular business hours should be pre-scheduled at least 6 weeks in advance to ensure availability and appropriate staffing.
The Glendale CSC is available for use by all Midwestern University students, faculty, and affiliated healthcare professionals when used as part of an approved CSC event or activity. The additional use of any outside equipment must be cleared by center staff.
All scheduling requests during block or post-block must be submitted electronically. Check the link below for more info.
- 19 Clinic-based Examination Rooms
- Equipped with tools and supplies found in outpatient clinical setting
- 7 Vet Clinic-based Examination Rooms
- Equipped with tools and supplies found in clinical setting
Hospital Simulation Rooms
- Intensive Care Unit
- Emergency/Trauma Room
- Hospital Floor
- Pediatric Floor
- 3 CAE METIman®
- 1 CAE Lucina Maternal Fetal Simulator
- 1 CAE PediaSIM (Child)
- 1 CAE BabySIM (Infant)
- Operating Rooms (2)
- Surgical Scrub Room
- CAE LapVR - Laparoscopic Surgery Trainer
Classroom and Control Rooms
- 19-student + Proctor Classroom
- 10-seat Faculty Viewing/Control Room
- 12-seat Conference/Debriefing Room
- 11-seat Vet Faculty Viewing/Control Room
- 10-seat Driving Station Room for Simulation Control and Monitoring
- 112-seat Group Instruction Lab Room