*The 2024 Application will open February 15, 2024 and is due March 15, 2024
Arizona College of Optometry's 2024 Pre-Optometry program (AZ-POP) is a three day in-person program designed for undergraduate students interested in the health sciences to learn more about pursuing a career in optometry. Through interactive activities, students will gain insight into the optometric profession, including the application process, life as an optometry student, and the diverse career options that optometry has to offer.
In-person program dates will be in June.
- Seminars on preparing for optometry school, optometry techniques, and the admissions process
- Tours of the classrooms, laboratories, and clinics
- Hands-on workshops using state of the art technology including virtual reality eye exam simulators
- Panel discussions with current students, faculty, and alumni
- Interactive experiences in optometric labs
* Program activities subject to change pending COVID-19 protocols and precautions.
- Interest in a career in optometry
- Undergraduate college student or recent college graduate (minimum age of 18 years on the first day of the program)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Consent to a photograph and video, release form included in the application
Candidates must submit a completed application form and required materials. Electronic submission is preferred; applications sent by mail must have a postmark date of March 15, 2023. Please contact us by phone or email to ensure receipt of the application. In addition to the application, please include the following required materials:
- A full set of college transcripts, unofficial is acceptable
- A resume or CV that includes a list of extracurricular activities and honors, including community service, leadership responsibilities, healthcare volunteer hours, and work experience.
Click here to access the application.
Applicants will be notified via e-mail of their acceptance no later than April 30, 2024.
For questions regarding the AZCOPT Pre-Optometry Program, please contact the AZ-POP committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail to (Electronic submissions are preferred):
Arizona College of Optometry
Attn: Dr. Eric Woo
19555 N. 59th Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85308